Monday, December 12, 2016

MP3s from 3 conferences that could help you share your faith


My wedding certificate lists my occupation as evangelist. A teller of good news. I was on the UCCF relay programme at the time. It's always been a passion in my Christian life --- in part because my formative years as a believer were as part of a Christian Union, the first Christian books I read were by Becky Pippert and Bill Hybels...  though honestly an unevangelistic Christianity doesn't really make much sense. Evangelistic ministry isn't just evangelism but also includes equipping other for witness.

I drift from time with people outside church, and I drift from courage to speak up, I struggle to be patient, and I struggle to believe that Christ is for all. Other people help me.

I ended up at three conferences this year that have been helpfully corrective to the trajectory of my year, to my dull heart, and to decisions we've made as our family have relocated this year.

I hope they coudl help you too.
1. Advance UK . Advance is part of the newfrontiers family connecting churches in the US, South Africa and UK. Donnie Griggs on evangelism and Dan Romer on Christ from Song of Songs. Donnie book Small Town Jesus overlaps with his material here. 
2. Proclamation Trust - Evangelical Ministry Assembly 2016This diverse gathering in London focuses on word ministry and was deeply refreshing to me, even in the one day I attended. Especially Jonty Allcock from Luke's gospel. And, Vaughan Roberts on John Newton helped me see Christ as more precious. 
3. FIEC Leaders 2016FIEC is a fellowship of 565 churches in the UK. Ed Stetzer was brilliant in sharing a simple and clear practical vision for sharing our faith. High value for me and for our team.
Images - Tamaki Sono - Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment