Friday, October 04, 2013

Lee Mack: I would read the Bible


Desert Island Discs invites guests to select the music they'd want with them on a Desert Island, plus Shakespeare and the Bible, in a closing remark Lee Mack reflected:
"I'm glad you get the Bible, because I would read the Bible. I think it's quite odd that people like myself, in their forties, quite happy to dismiss the Bible, but I've never read it. I always think that if an alien came down and you were the only person they met, and they said, 'What's life about? What's earth about? Tell us everything,' and you said, 'Well, there's a book here that purports to tell you everything. Some people believe it to be true; some people [do] not believe it [to be] true.' 'Wow, what's it like?' and you go, 'I don't know, I've never read it.' It would be an odd thing wouldn't it? So, at the very least, read it." 
Comedian Lee Mack on BBC Desert Island Discs via Tony Watkins

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to work out if he reads the Bible already, or whether it would only be the prospect of a desert island and a Martian that would prompt him to pick up and read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sounds, in the interview, like someone to whom it has just occured that it's strange that he's not read it. Whether he's subsequently acted upon that who knows...

      Delete
  2. I like Lee's comment. It's almost as funny as people who are anti faith/bible/knowing Jesus etc... they love to hate the bible (for their own reasons) but if you ask if they've read it, they always say 'no' or 'they don't need to'.

    ReplyDelete