Friday, June 07, 2013

Watch me! Don Carson on leadership by example

There are people I follow. Those running ahead of me - people I'd be ruined without. People whose example, vulnerability, steadfastness I've watched for many years.

There are people I walk with. Good company among my peers. Often occasional companions along the way for a season.

There are people who follow me. My wife, my boys, my team, in my church, readers of my blog. Gosh!

Don Carson:

 A careful man I want to be; A little fellow follows me. I do not dare to go astray For fear he'll go the self same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes, Whate'er he sees me do, he tries. Like me he says he's going to be; The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I'm so very fine, Believes in every word of mine. The base in me he must not see; The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go Through summer's sun and winter's snow, I'm building for the years to be; The little chap who follows me.

(Author unknown)

Who do you watch? Who is watching you?

No comments:

Post a Comment