Monday, June 03, 2013

MP3s: Psalm 45


This summer we're sending 19 teams of students and our staff to nations across the world to be involved in short term mission projects. Last weekend I had the privilege of preaching at their Summer Team Orientation conference. It was a bit short notice so I reworked some material on Psalm 45.... it's a wonderful mainline station in the Bible, cited in the New Testament and applied to Jesus. A song of Korah's resurrected sons about the king, a song of the Father about his Son. A song that shows us the beautiful truth and truthful beauty of King Jesus.

Love Sings Psalm 45:1-5 34mins

A delegate sent this in a really encouraging email:

"Listening to your talks was like being dipped in a vat of God's love and soaked through with his beauty and goodness. I LOVED how unashamedly all-about-Jesus it was, and how you reflected the rich imagery of the Psalm in your own presentation of what the Psalm was talking about... The form and content were beautifully aligned - glorious preaching! ...the talks had a massive impact on me being able to face my sin and weakness and fear, so thanks for letting the Lord use you so that the Spirit would set my eyes so much on Jesus I stopped stressing about what my heart looks like!"

I hope that can be true, and share these mp3s in hope that they point you to King Jesus.
The Bride eyes not her garment,
But her dear bridegroom’s face;
I will not gaze at glory,
But on my King of grace;
Not at the crown He giveth
But on His pierced hand.
The Lamb is all the glory
Of Emmanuel’s land.
(Anne Cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment