Friday, January 11, 2013

Video: Stories expand our lives

Escaping into a story expands our lives, shows us that we matter. I want my boys to be people who don't have their lives reduced by computer games but have them expanded by great stories. A daunting but exciting task and I'm only a few years in - any tips from parents who are further along? Or from your own memories of childhood? [Comment]

 
Video  Via Together for Adoption
See also: Tolkien: On Fairy Stories
And Follow @donaldmiller

Doug Wilson, N.D. Wilson and Alan Jacobs on The Imagination of CS Lewis:

 And Follow @ndwilsonmutters

1 comment:

  1. I remember being read the Chronicles of Narnia as a child. I'm sure that helped. I like to think I'm a reader today.

    I also remember my brothers and I were never bought any games consoles or games, the only way we could get one was completely by our own determination.

    ReplyDelete