1. God is power. And we are his subjects.
- Religious style? We must obey him. Distance and fear - 'reverence'
- Leadership style? Over people. Key word: authority.
- Relational style? Formal, cold even. Cautious of guilt by association.
- Missional style? If any, to stand against people.
2. God is love. And we're invited.
- Religious style? Invited into the family. Doctrine is for delight. Key question: How is your worship life?
- Leadership style? Self-giving love. Key word: service.
- Relational style? Generous assumptions about others, seeking to win others.
- Missional style? Mobility towards people, all kinds of people. Conversation, listening, asking and offering Christ.
"Sound doctrine is evidenced by delight in Christ, love and generosity towards other Christians and by mobility in mission..."
— Dave Bish (@davebish) January 16, 2013