Friday, October 23, 2009

Together by and for the gospel

I spent some of this week in Oxfordshire with the rest of the UCCF Leadership Team (LT). We had much to discuss but I really appreciated some input we had from two guests, Mark Bonnington of Kings Church Durham on charismatic spirituality and Krish Kandiah of Evangelical Alliance on student mission. Both were though provoking and inspiring, for their input and the subsequent discussion from others. I felt a fresh desire to raise the bar in the work we're doing, but also a humbling to lovingly seek the interests of others, though it seems almost irresistible to fight for my own way.

Tim led us through the opening chapter of Habakkuk 1, a refreshing call to take our struggles to God rather than blog-ranting about them. Knowing who he is we can call on him! And we did. I always enjoy the opportunity to talk and pray with the rest of the LT, and particularly appreciated it having missed the previous meeting in June due to my sabbatical.

On the way home last night I called in at UWECU in Bristol to speak in their F.R.E.S.H. series on Studying for Jesus - attempting to catch them up in God's creation vision of man forming and filling the world as he works in the image of God - something afflicted by curse and liberated by Jesus. I hope it was a beneficial evening for them. I've enjoyed teaching on this subject in the past and wish it'd been more on the agenda when I was a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment