Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things I love about living in Exeter. 3. The beaches

I grew up in the Midlands, studied in Bath and moved to Reading. Beaches are a novelty that I do think I'll ever get used to living near.

By car or train Exeter has easy access to the sandy beaches of Exmouth, Dawlish and Teignmouth, and by road to the stones of Buddleigh Salterton. I love each of these in their own ways. Exmouth is the student favourite, golden sands at the end of the Exmouth branchline - and the place where our church does it's summer beach baptisms. The sand is redder in the other direction but Dawlish, and more so Teignmouth, are well worth a visit. Whether to walk along the sea wall or on the beach itself I love the sea whether visiting socially with friends and family or taking a good book for study purposes. Decent fish and chips available from many outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment