Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Unquenchable Flame: Introducing the Reformation

Mike Reeves' book The Unquenchable Flame is out, and Theology Network has a whole host of resources to accompany it

'With the skill of a scholar and the art of a storyteller, Michael Reeves has written what is, quite simply, the best brief introduction to the Reformation I have read.'
Mark Dever, Senior Pastor, Capitol Hill Baptist Church, Washington, DC


Very much looking forward to reading this whenever my copy arrives from IVP.

4 comments:

  1. Like wise I look forward to reading the book but can't help but be slightly amused by your opening line.... Mike Reeves' book The Unquenchable Flame is out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'the reformation is over' - not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very good, it doesn't have Reeves' humour that he would use for a Historical Theology talk, as it's more scholarly. However it's a good read, and often the subject matter is funny, and put in a way that invites a good chuckle.

    Hopefully I'll write a review when I get time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure you can really 'bottle' Mike's humour in written form, but he is a chuckler.

    ReplyDelete