Sunday, June 21, 2009

Love the church

Home from a great weekend in Reading catching up with a lot of old friends and serving Reading Family Church, audio and some notes to follow

Yesterday about 45 gathered for 'Love the church' at the church offices, where I spoke at two of the three sessions. It was a joy to speak on my favourite subject and to air some of the study I'd been living with over the last few months. I also enjoyed Richard Walker on 'I belong to the church' particularly his emphasis on church and Trinity.
  • The first session was a rough overview of the centrality of the church from The Man and His Bride in Eden to the Wedding of the Lamb in Revelation, exploring the romantic comedy of their relationship via Hosea and Ezekiel, landing up in Song of Songs.
  • My second session explored the command in 1 Cor 14:1 to 'Pursue love and eargestly desire spiritual gifts' under the title 'ambition for the church'.
  • This morning I preached Song of Songs 3:6-5:1.
It was such a pleasure to continue the relationship with Sean Green and the church he leads, an honour to serve them and so provoking and encouraging to be amongst them.

No comments:

Post a Comment