Sunday, February 01, 2009
Best week of the year so far.
1. Beginning the coffee education of Sean Green, a deeply encouraging hour at Costa Coffee in Reading Station.
2. Great preaching in the local church. Another reason I love the church.
3. Dinner in Parliament, with Andy Tuck for 4.5 hours. Tuck, and in Parliament, for 4.5 hours. Nuff said.
4. Mike Reeves on The New Perspective on Paul, The Federal Vision and some very refreshing implications and encouragements to enjoy 'union with Christ' and proclaim full-bodied justification. Pondering the implications for the Chalke/penal substitution thing too. And all that in the company of the Leadership Team. More on that sometime soon.
5. The Funeral of a Great Myth by C.S.Lewis. More on that tomorrow.
6. The hospitality of The Cunninghams and The Weavers.
7. Coming home on Friday night to my wife, beginning a year's maternity leave.