Saturday, May 03, 2008

Seven (first third of the year on the blog)

It's a third of the way through the year so I thought I'd review seven key posts/topics on the blog this year. I tend to do this at the end of the year, but I'm curious to see if what's significant in my mind now turns out to be. The blog is something of a reflection of what I've been thinking about this year.

1. Tim Keller - notably on three ways to live and his book The Reason for God.

2. Feeding on the Old Testament. 1&2 Samuel with Jim Hamilton and Genesis and Lamentations. See also: Daniel Newman on 1 Samuel

3. Go Wayne Grudem Go! - this video staring the wonderful South West Relay added 1000 hits in one day to the blog thanks to the linkage of Challies. See also The Top 10 Books.

4. The aftermath of speaking on the question of whether God is a sadist at Exeter University. More blogging on the doctrine of penal substitution. More on the blood here.

5. Thinking about emotions within the Christian life. This plays out of the back of having read Sam Storms 'Signs of the Spirit' at the end of 2007.

6. Being human - questions of race, culture etc and the west-centred way we think about the world. See also the Community of the Spirit, and Being Christian is being really human (mp3 - Bish), Bearing the image (mp3 - Anyabwile).

7. New Word Alive, Together for the Gospel, the 'New Calvinism' and more so, the 'new Gospel-centredness' for which the stage is set by the songs of people like Bob Kauflin

For all that I can't help but thinking that these two posts on marriage might be what I want to take to heart most: FAQ: I get all this teaching but my wife doesn't... and Grace upon grace, the food of marriage (Or, grace is what makes Christian marriage different - and how desperately I need that grace).

No comments:

Post a Comment