Friday, May 23, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffany's

After a long 24 hours away up in Reading, during which I had the pleasure of preaching from 1 John to the RUCU, I decided to take the 1 hour 38 minute train journey as a break from work, and read a book. On my way to the station I used a birthday voucher to pick up Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's. A facinating 100 page novella (packaged with three other short stories).

"I am always drawn back to places where I have lived, the houses and their neighborhoods." begins the unnamed narrator as he introduces us to Holiday Golightly, whose rootless ego-centric existence matches her name. I really enjoyed the portrayal of the relationships between the characters and the places they're found. I think this is probably a book to read again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment