Wednesday, July 04, 2007

This week

Bit of a mad week.

Monday I went to london and had lunch with Adrian Warnock whose blog has moved to http://adrianwarnock.com. We had meatballs in a newly smoke free pub. Most encouraging times.

Then was my end of year review at Waterloo which was great - followed by a nightmare train journey from Waterloo to Paddington to West Ealing, back to Paddington, back to Waterloo and finally back to Reading. Note to self, next time I think it's easier to go back via Paddington don't do it.

That morning my laptop died and is still dead two days later.

Meanwhile we met Alex & Jane. Alex is the new Exeter CUSW and thus the other new member of staff (in addition to me) on the UCCF South West team for next year. Hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. It was indeed a lovely time if far too brief. We should have done an interview or something! Anyway, I have only one thing to say to you - BUY A MAC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can interview next time - kinda mutual conversation interview of each other perhaps.

    can you let me know if there are any day tickets for TOAM... if so i will pop down for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I had a similar experience trying to get back from Canada: Gatwick to Reading as I'd prebooked a cheap ticket which had a fixed Reading-Birmingham leg. But of course no-one told me of the lack of trains north from Reading before I was in Reading... so it was back into London and up from there. Btw, when you said you'd your end of year review at Waterloo, I thought, ooh, how exotic! Then I realised you meant Waterloo, London. Not the Waterloo. Next time, just hop on the Eurostar...

    ReplyDelete