Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Saints Are Coming (U2 & Green Day)



I cried to my daddy on the telephone -how long now?
Until the clouds unroll and you come down -the line went
But the shadows still remain since your descent - your descent

The saints are coming, the saints are coming
No matter how I try, I realise there's no reply
The saints are coming, the saints are coming

A drowning sorrow floods the deepest grief - how long now?
Until a weather change condemns belief - how long now?
When the night watchman lets in the thief, what's wrong now

The saints are coming, the saints are coming
No matter how I try, I realise there's no reply
The saints are coming, the saints are coming

Released UK, November 6th 2006


(HT: Billy Kennedy)

tags: | |

2 comments:

  1. I think I just lost some respect for Bono. It's just not that simple.

    ReplyDelete